Golf Barter Calculator
Unlock the true cost of barter at your golf course
Disclaimer: The golf barter calculator does NOT store any of the information entered and we cannot access the data in any way. This free tool was built to simply help you complete the calculation and assist you in understanding the true cost of your barter agreement.The golf barter calculator takes on assumptions and calculations based on our data and research. The savings shown as a result of utilizing this tool are not guaranteed and GolfBack LLC, nor any of its affiliates, shall be held liable for any of the results. Real-world results may vary.
How to get started
To truly understand the cost of barter at your golf course, you will need to evaluate the relationship for a certain period of time, typically data over a 12-month period is best. Our golf barter calculator uses input factors to accurately project revenue at risk, opportunity cost, and the positive impact from additional rounds from a third-party platform are as follows:
- How many barter rounds were sold?
- Of those barter rounds, what percentage either booked a premium tee time and/or would have booked if not exposed to discounted barter pricing?
- Of the third-party tee time rounds sold, how many came through a club’s website?
- Upon properly backing out rounds sold through a club’s website, how many paying rounds were delivered from the third-party platform channels?
- Of the rounds booked via other channels besides the club’s website, how many of those rounds would have found their way back to the club if not listed on third party channels? (Or said another way, how many of these consumers knew where they wanted to play and then found the cheapest price to book a tee time. Or how many of these customers would a club retain?)
- Lastly, you will need to understand the average dollar per round you collect from these third-party channels paying customers.
Third-parties will not provide revenue numbers or average dollar per round information for the bartered tee times. However, the paying tee times is the information that is key to this analysis.
Complete the following steps for your club to calculate the true cost of a barter relationship.